July 4, 2011

Dear Brooklyn

Well, I'm back in California. And I must gently admit, I'm a little sad about that. I had been working so hard at not missing my home for the last three months, that when I finally stepped into the six a.m. Brooklyn heat and into the stinky subway and out into my trashy neighborhood {which has changed a lot} and up my stoop into my wonderful house and back to my favorite boy in the whole world, it all came flooding back to me and I got reattached all over again.

I love Brooklyn. I love living in Brooklyn. I love walking everywhere, being able to get a deli pickle on every block if, for some reason, I had that desire, riding my bike, getting three iced coffees a day at three different and beautifully designed cafe's, finding old paintings at crazy junk stores, cooking dinner and eating on our roof at sunset, and dreaming about buying up old warehouses and moving into them.

Brooklyn, you are amazing. 











































































































































































































































Now, it's back to work. 

                                                                                                                           

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Love that painting! (But you knew that already...)

    Brooklyn can't wait for you to come back home for good. I know it seems like there is still so much to do, but believe me, you already have accomplished so much, and this is the final stretch. Soon the job will be done and you will be home!

    It takes a lot of courage and hard work to do what you're doing, and you can be proud of yourself.

    Wish I could be there with you! In the meantime, I look forward to reading about everything on the blog...


    Amelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did know you would like that one! Doesn't it look like the guy on the right, in the trench coat, is about to flash you? I seriously could hardly decide between giving it to you, the restaurant, or keeping it. Isaiah also loved it so I ended up just keeping, hah!

    Wish you were here too Amelie! I know, I keep telling myself "soon, it will be complete. Soon."

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic pictures!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Cez! You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.